Monday, May 4, 2009

YMCA Strong Kids in Action

Good Day To All My Supporters!

I would like to start my update by acknowledging the phenomenal support I've received from my Y colleagues and staff, friends, family and donors. Without your generous donations, time and encouragement none of the updates below would have been possible. A special thank you to Jack Flemming for donating the barbeque and Lynn Timmons of Ocean Contractors for arranging delivery and pick up.

Fundraising Updates

New Fundraising Goal - $5,000

Fundraising Events - Final Outcomes:

Strong Kids Bake Sale

  • Succesful - $390 raised!
  • Big THANKS to all bake good donors, sales team and supporters!
  • Check out photos of the Strong Kids Bake Sales Team and Supporters.

(L to R) Strong Kids Sales Team - Liz, Ava, Theo, Callum and Michelle


(L to R) Lorraine, Lorrie and Bake Good Supporter - BILL

Strong Kids Yard Sale

  • Successful - $730 raised!
  • BBQ hot dogs were sold in not so barbeque - like weather and many bargin hunters left the Y with new treasures for their homes.
  • Big THANKS to all treasure donors, sales team, hot dog consumers and new treasure owners!
Training Update

Running......who's idea was this? The big day is almost here and the Old Seto must perform the final deed of this Champion's commitment. If you heard my radio debut on Kool 96.5, my training is everything but running:-) To ensure that I am able to complete the 5kms run, my weekly workout routine or if you prefer "training" is weights and running on the treadmill for 15 - 20mins three times a week, yoga and soccer twice a week. This should do it, don't you think?

Went for a short run around Citadel Hill today and my running mate Julie and I have one question. Why did the British need this fortress to be so large? Since we survived this run, we are going to do the actual race route on Wednesday. It will feel like the real thing, as the weather forecast is rain:-)

As of Friday May 8th, I will be on holidays visiting family in Ontario......I will do my best to keep up with my training! I will have Internet access and will be able to track my fundraising efforts, therefore keep supporting YMCA Strong Kids.

Thank you and have a fantastic week!
Arlene

Just do it, click on the link below to my secure online pledge site and make a donation that will benefit the children and families of our community! Thank You!


YMCA Strong Kid - Theo

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=617073&LangPref=en-CAegistrationID=617073&LangPref=en-CA

No comments:

Post a Comment